Whether you are working in the office or at home, staying in touch with family and friends, online schooling or streaming your favourite entertainment content, we know how reliant our customers are on their services at this time. This is why we are working hard to keep our people safe and you connected.
Below we have set out some of the steps we are taking and how you can help us to help you.
Most of our UK based customer care and technical support people are now working from home with full and secure access to our systems so they can continue to help you. We are following all official guidelines and keeping our people regularly updated with important information and health and safety advice. For those ‘key workers’ who are unable to work from home, additional measures have been put in place, including:
- Increased information, training and awareness programmes
- Additional safety and hygiene methods, including increased cleaning of office space and additional hand washing facilities.
- Social distancing in the workplace, with desks and workstations being positioned at least 2m apart
- Staggered working hours
- Cancelling all staff events and non-essential travel
How you can help us
- Be patient. Our people are working hard to stay safe and keep you connected.
- Use our online Live Chat whenever possible (we can help our customers more efficiently using Live Chat whilst ensures that our telephone lines remain available for our more vulnerable customers)
- If you do need to speak with us, our teams are ready to help but the wait time may be longer than usual and you may hear some additional background noise, for which we apologise.
Ways you can contact us
Contact us: https://www.6gbusiness.co.uk/contact
Phone: 0800 915 6138
Phone lines open:
Monday – Friday 09:00 - 20:00
Saturday 09:00 - 18:00
Sunday 10:30 - 16:30
Keeping our customers connected
To respond to the increase in traffic and usage at this time, our network engineers are monitoring the performance of our networks 24/7 and liaising closely with our valued partners to ensure that, as required, we continue to add capacity to our network so that we meet demand.
In the event that there is a fault with your service that cannot be fixed remotely, we will liaise with you and the engineers to prioritise your need and ensure that any repair work is undertaken safely and in compliance with appropriate mandated guidelines.
As an independent ISP it is more important than ever for you to help us by paying for the services we provide. This way we can continue to keep our prices low and provide services to all of our customers at this important time. Paying by your usual payment method and on time helps greatly as it ensures the continuity of your service, reduces our administration and allows us to focus on serving our customers.
If you do have genuine difficulties in paying for your services, please contact us as soon to discuss options that may be available to you.
Please be assured that the safety of our people and the communities in which we work remain of paramount importance. Changes have already been made to our working practices to ensure that Government guidelines are being fully complied with, including adhering to social distancing (teams will travel separately to sites and their working areas increased), the provision of additional PPE and following appropriate safety and hygiene procedures. We shall keep our working practices under constant review and will respond to any changes in Government guidelines.
Our installation engineers continue to operate, whilst placing their safety and the safety our customers first at all times. If our engineers are required to enter your property, they will only be able to do so if:
- They are not displaying any symptoms and have not been to any high-risk areas
- Social distancing is maintained at all times during their visit and they follow our safety and hygiene procedures and use appropriate PPE (including anti-bacterial wipes and protective gloves).
- You are able to confirm that there is no one at the property who has been asked to self-isolate, is displaying flu like symptoms or has been diagnosed with coronavirus and has not recovered.
We will communicate the detailed procedures to be followed by you and our install engineers prior appointments. If these cannot be followed the appointment will be re-scheduled.
Keeping you updated
Obviously this is a fast-moving and unprecedented situation for all of us. Our people will remain busy looking after our network so you can continue to stay connected to your people and do the things that matter to you most.
We will keep you updated as often as we can.
Stay home, stay safe and take care of each other.